Thursday 16 June 2011

The Art Market...another one bites the dust

The weekend past was The Art Market which took place in Holmfirth (if you're not familiar with the place, it's in Yorkshire and where Last of Summer Wine was set when it was on our tellies). I had a fantastic time, it was difficult to get up at 5.30am (nearly as bad as the 4.30am start when I did the Selvedge Fair back in April) however the birds were singing and the day looked promising weather wise (this sadly was not the case by the end of the day). It was so much fun meeting new people, I didn't stop chatting all day. And there was even some familiar faces which is always nice. Here is me (above) serving a customer (who happens to be my cunningly disguised friend...the general public aren't too fond of being photographed when making a purchase which I can understand!)

I managed a fair amount of selling in between all the chatting too, it was great to have sooooo much space and be able to show off pictures of me in printing action and my portfolio on top of all the goodies for sale.


As promised a picture of the butterflies that adorned my stand, the theme for the entire event was gardens so I pulled out all the stops and had fake grass matting, plant pots with birdhouse plant markers and plenty of floating butterflies to make you feel outside when you were inside (well kinda...)


Here's what it looked like downstairs from above, I was busy all day so only managed a mad dash round the venue and all the lovely stalls right at the end of the day...pretty much as everyone was packing away...boo! But I suppose that shows how busy it was, I even only managed half my sandwich which just goes to show (& I really like my food). I did manage a quick swap at the end of the day with Faye Power, for one of her birdy themed jugs...so beautiful (she got a birdcage tote bag in exchange).


And last but certainly not least, here is a picture of my lovingly hand drawn chalk board which I carted along with me. The picture was taken by Mike Oakes, the professional photographer for the event. He saw it and thought it was great and happily emailed me the pic staight after the event. I spent so long decorating it that I can't bring myself to erase it, so I guess I'll probably end up buying another to decorate for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment