Saturday 28 August 2010

Here comes the Bride...

One of many projects I have been involved with recently has included a commission for drapes to hang inside a marquee; 100 metres of hand printed fabric incorporating a butterfly motif designed and printed by me! I was really pleased that it all worked out so beautifully and I was commissioned to produce such a special piece of work. Thanks to Best Intent Marquees for all their help with logistics and getting them in-situ. After many days working out measurements, ordering fabric, creating designs and then finally printing I was pretty amazed at the finished result. Even though I had been with the drapes throughout their creation I just couldn't picture how they would look inside the marquee...so it was such a sense of achievement to receive this picture and know that it all looked pretty good!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Delicate and pretty :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise, it's always nice to get feedback. I'm hoping to put a few more images up of the drapes on my website when I get a minute so be sure to check it out in the next few weeks... www.graceink.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Grace - I'm on my way to have a look now :) Louise x

    ReplyDelete