Wednesday 29 September 2010

'Prints of the Orient' Update

The event down in Margate has pretty much only just begun and I'm updating you on it already (I couldn't resist). I thought you might like to see a few images of Qing furniture and stationary mixed up with my illustrative/textile take on the wonderful land that is Hong Kong.
The cushions and tea-towels I have produced for the event are all inspired by a trip I took to Hong Kong at Christmas time in 2006 (it was to see a lovely friend and if she's reading this then she'll know who I'm referring too). It was an absolutely wonderful experience and one which I'm very fond of and have loved capturing onto my textiles over the years.

Other artists at the event include the wood-cuts of Dawn Gray, which even from this picture look impressive so I'm sure they would be a delight up close.


I'm a big fan of mixing old and new concepts and I think Qing Art have really managed in their shop in Margate. Don't forgot it's all part of the Pushing Print Event and I'm sure you have not heard the last from me on the subject just yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment