Saturday 15 May 2010

Contemporary Threads Update

The exhibition Contemporary Threads has opened in Kelso at the Wee Gallery and here's a sneaky peek inside of what's on show (to admire and to buy). The show includes work by myself including table runners, napkins, placemats and cushions, along with a larger piece of work 'Chinese Junks' which can be seen on the left hand side of the image above. Other artists on show include Valerie A Graves with her beautiful and tactile felted pods, wall-hangings and of course some cute felted hares thrown in for good measure. Lindsay Roberts hand spins her own yarns and then uses them within her collage works to create magnificent multi layered wall pieces.
I seem to have dropped off the blogging radar over the past few weeks, it's been a very busy time for me. I'm off to London next week for a meeting about New Designers so hopefully I'll be able to let on more about that on my return.

1 comment:

  1. This exhibition looks so soft and calming - great Chinese Junks print! :D

    ReplyDelete